Monday, September 17, 2012

take a CHANCE...

All of my life I have been known for taking chances...
it is easy to take a chance when you are young & have no responsibilities.

I took a chance when I decided to move abroad when I was 19..
I took another chance when I decided not to go to law school and travel around the world on a cruise ship.
Taking chances were never a big deal...
I never wanted to regret the things I had NOT done.

I took a chance when I left my job, my friends & family in the U.S. to move to my husbands homeland here in Norway..
It was a VERY ROUGH couple of years... and I wondered about the chance I had taken to move here..

 We settled into our new life here in Norway and 
I ended up with  a good job working as the Cosmetic & Perfume Manager,
building up two stores from the bottom up.

I should have been happy... I should have been SATISFIED...
But there was something lacking.
I had accomplished all I could with this job...
and the thought of sitting in the same job for the next... how many years
made me sad... I craved CHANGE..
I needed to take a CHANCE...

Dare I leave my safe job... and take a chance with another company?
I wasn't sure...  after all, it sounds a little selfish...  everything was working fine..
my husband was happy, my kids were happy, my employer was happy...
everyone was happy... except me.

I decided to take a chance and send my application into a job as
AREA SALES MANAGER for ORIFLAME..
being a Texas girl... I wasn't familiar with the brand... but I was willing to take a chance.

I can spare you all of the gory details... 
 such asclapping my hands and  me telling my interviewer, during my first interview that I was
PERFECT for THIS JOB!
Or my second interview with the Director to find out it would be conducted in SWEDISH..
(I don't speak Swedish)
It all worked out.. and here I sit.  Working as Oriflame's Area Sales Manager for Southern Norway.

I love the TOGETHERNESS... with all of the FANTASTIC people I have met since I joined Oriflame.
I love the CAN.DO SPIRIT  of my leaders and consultants.-  you have never seen a more motivated bunch
I love the PASSION within Oriflame... We LOVE what we do..

Are YOU willing to take a CHANCE? - To make a CHANGE?

No comments:

Post a Comment